DEPARTMENT 9 – Rabbits
Each county exhibitor must have membership or season ticket if stock stays at the fair all week. Family members under 18 may show under parent’s membership or season ticket.
Sponsored by: Sandusky Valley Rabbit Breeders Association cooperating with the Seneca County Agricultural Society. Open Class Show Superintendent Richard Beard and Open Class Show Secretary Ralph Lucius, 166 S. Monroe St., Tiffin OH 44883
- This is an official American Rabbit Breeders Association sanctioned show. Eric Stewart, Editor in Chief, Sec., P.O. Box 426, Bloomington, IL, 61702. Sanction fee $25.00; Membership dues: Adult-$20.00; 3 years $50.00; Comb. Husband/Wife $30.00 or 3 years $75.00; Family $50.00 plus $6.00 per youth or 3 years $75.00 + $10.00 per child – Single Adult Family $20.00 + $5.00 per child or 3 years $50.00 + $10.00 per child) (July 1, 2007 H & W Family $30.00 + $5.00 per child or 3 years $75.00 + $10.00 per child). Individual Youth (through age 18) $12.00 or 3 years $30.00
As an officially sanctioned show, latest A.R.B.A. rules will govern the show. Filing of entry indicates acceptance of rules.
- Entry blanks can be obtained at the fair office or show secretary’s residence or by mailing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the show secretary’s address: 166 S. Monroe St., Tiffin OH 44883.
- Entry fee must accompany entry. Entries must be received, if rabbits are to be at fair all week.
- Exhibits will be received Sunday, July 22, 2018 from 3:00 p.m. till 7:00 p.m.
- No shipped-in stock.
- All stock at fair all week must be checked in and out by superintendent in charge. Release time 6:00 pm July 29. Carry case stock checked in by 3:30 p.m. and released after the show (carry case exhibitors only).
- All stock must be permanently and legibly earmarked in left ear before arrival at show. Failure to comply will result in elimination.
- Each rabbit must be the bonafide property of the exhibitor.
- We reserve the right to refuse any entries that are not deemed to be in the best interest of the show.
- Positively no substitutions except in same breed, class, variety and sex.
- Judging will start at 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, July 24. Exhibitors are responsible for getting their rabbit(s) to the show table unless arrangements are made with show superintendent or secretary prior to the start of the show. The S.V.R.B.A. and the Seneca County Agricultural Society will not be responsible for loss or damage to stock during show; however, precautions will be taken to eliminate danger and mistakes in the show room.
- Entry fee of $2.00 for single entry. $2.00 for fur classes. Meat pen entry fee $4.50 for three rabbits. Single fryer $2.00. Fees must accompany entry. No doe and litter class.
- Fur/Wool Classes: White Breed Fur/Wool Class and Colored Breed Fur/Wool Class.
- Each exhibitor must purchase a season ticket at $22.00 or have a membership ticket at $22.00, or a $7.00 gate fee for all carry case exhibitors. Jr. Fair Exhibitor may show under a parent’s ticket as previously described.
- Ribbons will be awarded to fifth place.
- Premiums paid on all recognized A.R.B.A. rabbit classes and breeds.
- No check written for less than $1.00
- Premiums as follows:
One in class 1.00
Two in class 1.25 1.00
Three -seven in class 1.50 1.25 1.00 .75
Eight and up in class 1.75 1.50 1.25 1.00 .75
Best of Breed $2.00 and rosette provided there are three exhibitors.
Best opposite sex of breed $1.00 provided there are three exhibitors.
Best of Show . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Trophy & $8.00
Reserve of Show. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Trophy & $6.00
Meat pens 1st place $3.00 and trophy (provided if 5 or more pens)
2nd place $2.00 and 3rd place $1.00
Single fryers premium same as regular class premiums.
Best of Show & Reserve of Show trophies will be awarded by the Sandusky Valley Rabbit Breeders. Champion Meat Pen Trophy (providing 5 meat pens are entered) awarded by Sandusky Valley Rabbit Breeders Association. Sandusky Valley Rabbit Breeders meet on the 3rd Saturday of each month.
95th ARBA National Convention will be held at Springfield, Massachusetts on
October 27-October 31, 2018.