DEPARTMENT 7 – Swine
Superintendent: Richard Miller (419) 639-9957,
Rodney Gilliland (419) 981-5541 & Josh Fortney (567) 230-6265
Swine to be judged Monday, July 25, 6:00 p.m.
Open Showmanship Classes:
Pee Wee – under 9 years
Animal must be shown in the open show to show in the showmanship classes. Sign up in on Monday in the swine barn on the bulletin board.
Sponsor: Ag Credit
CLASS 1 – Market Hog Jackpot Show – Purebred and Crossbred
1. Purebred Single Barrows
2. Crossbred Single Barrows
3. Purebred Single Gilt
4. Crossbred Single Gilt
Grand Champion $125.00; Reserve Champion $75.00; Class Placing 1-10 Ribbons.
Sponsor for Grand & Reserve Champion – King Livestock & Feed
PREMIUMS: 1st-$10.00; 2nd-$9.00; 3rd-$8.00; 4th-$7.00; 5th-$6.00; 6th-$5.00; 7th-$4.00; 8th-$3.00; 9th-$2.00; 10th-$1.00
Class Placing 1-10 Ribbons
RULES OF SHOW:
1. Open Class Entry Fee $12.00, Open Class Entry Fee
for Seneca County 4-H Swine Exhibitors $3.00
2. All market hogs must be on the grounds Sunday,
July 24 to be weighed between 4:00 and 8:00 p.m.
3. Show open to anyone in Seneca County and any
4. All pigs have been raised in Ohio.
5. See page marked “ATTENTION”.
6. Pigs must weigh 210-280 lbs. with a 3-pound plus or minus grace.
7. Entries may be barrow or gilt. Pigs will be divided in class by weight and sex following weigh in.
8. Open class pigs other than Jr. Fair pigs designated at entry will be removed from the grounds Monday night and sold to best available market.
9. All pens must be cleaned out immediately after pigs are removed. (See Jr. Fair rules.)
10. Entries to be made to the fair secretary by 5:00 p.m. July 13.
11. No entry fee will be refunded. Late entries will be taken up to 4:00 pm on weigh-in day with additional charge of $5.00 for Jr. Fair exhibitors and $10.00 for non Jr. Fair exhibitors.
12. All exhibitors must purchase a season pass. Those under 18 may enter under parent’s season or membership ticket.
13. Entry fee and season pass fee must accompany entry.
14. Winners checks must be picked up Sunday of the fair in the Secretary’s office after 5:00 p.m. Slaughtered checks will be mailed after the money is received in the fair office.
15. THIS IS A TERMINAL SHOW (New in 2015)