Twisted Metal Demo Crew 2018 Rules
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE IN INSPECTION LINE 1 HOUR PRIOR TO THE START OF THE DERBY OR AN ADDITIONAL $50.00 FEE WILL BE ADDED TO PARTICIPATE!
Entry and Registration
1. Each driver must fill out an entry blank in its entirety.
2. Each driver and pit crew member must sign a release form prior to entering the pit area. All injuries must be reported to the officials at once. Only drivers, owners, mechanics, crew members that sign the release sheet will be allowed in the pit area.
3. Each driver must be 16 years of age or older and must hold a valid driver’s license. If under 18 years of age, the driver must have a notarized release signed by a parent or legal guardian.
4. If you are pregnant and/or have back, heart, or health problems, you are not permitted to compete.
5. Any driver or crew member not obeying the rules will be disqualified. Drivers are responsible for the actions of their crew members.
6. All competition rules are explained at the mandatory drivers meeting.
7. The track owners, fair board have the right to approve or reject any entry.
8. The track owners, fair board is not responsible for any vehicles, parts, or personal property at any time.
9. Any American made hardtop automobile or station wagon is permitted. No convertibles, jeeps, hearses, ambulances, or 4-wheel drive cars will be permitted.
1. Only the driver will be permitted with each entry into the inspection area. NO SPECTATORS PERMITTED.
2. Each entry will ONLY be permitted one additional attempt through the inspection area. Build your vehicles to the rules! NO REFUNDS will be awarded for illegal entries.
3. All entries will be required to open hoods in the inspection area
4. All entries must be inspected 1 hour prior to show time. If vehicle is not in inspection line 1 hour before show starts, a $50.00 fee will be added to participate.
1. Remove ALL glass, fiberglass, headlights, taillights, trim, interior, trailer hitches, etc. Vehicles must be swept clean. No junk tires, wheels, metal parts, etc. allowed.
2. All rear seats and flooring decking must be removed. Any sharp or protruding fins must be cut off the vehicle.
3. Standard safety belts, Z-90 approved helmet, and eye protection (face shield or safety glasses) are required. Neck braces highly recommended. Fire retardant suits, clothing, or hood is recommended. No shorts or shirtless drivers will be permitted.
4. Exhaust (either zoomies or headers) must point away from fuel lines and headers must be straight in the air.
5. All hoods must have a square hole directly cut above the carb. All hood and deck lid latches must be removed.
6. Firewalls may not be totally removed. If holes are cut for clearance purposes, the holes must be covered by something fireproof. If patched with metal, the metal must not be thicker than 16 gauge.
7. No spray devises or cans permitted in the vehicle.
8. All vehicles must have dependable brakes at all times.
9. Stock gas tanks must be removed from the original position. A replacement tank must be securely fastened in the rear section (no farther forward than the back of the front seat) of the driver’s compartment. Steel gas tanks or Neoprene construction approved tanks may be used. No original tanks permitted. Gas tank must be securely fastened by means other than ratchet straps or wire. Tanks must be securely bolted to the floor. Tanks must be covered in a fireproof fashion. Any vehicle that spills gas will be disqualified immediately. Gas tank protectors maybe used must have a gap between the rear deck.
10. Electric fuel pumps are permitted, but the switch must be CLEARLY marked ON/OFF.
11. Stock batteries must be removed from the original position. A battery must be located in the driver’s compartment and securely fastened to the floor. The battery must be covered.
12. No profanity will be permitted on any vehicle.
Compact Cars Rules
NO ENGINE PROTECTORS ALLOWED OR BEAD LOCKS
1. 108” maximum standard wheel base center to center, no alterations.
2. Factory gas tanks can stay in, if in front of rear axle.
3. Four point cage may not extend past the dash bar or more than 18” behind the driver’s seat. Gas tank protectors cannot be any wider than 24 inches and cannot extend past rear seat.
4. Maximum of a 5 lug rear end.
5. Bumper straps may be used to securely fasten a bumper on either end of the car. No homemade brackets.
6. Front bumper brackets, if there are not stock to the car they are one they cannot be any longer than 10” . If you run a bumper shock inside a frame it can only be 10 inches long and must have an inspection hole to verify where it stops! You cannot have brackets on the side of frame and a shock bracket inside of the frame.
7. No down bars off of cage.
8. Rear window bars may not be welded to trunk lid. If no trunk lid it must go straight down.
9. Bumpers can be loaded if not a factory bumper, you may use a piece of 4″ X 4″ square tubing.
10. Doors can be welded solid, trunks can have a maximum of 45″.
11. Body cannot be welded to frame or to bumper.
Full size Truck Rules
NO STRAIGHT FRAME TRUCKS (“STATE FRAME”) ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT RUN!
1. Any American made truck is permitted. 4-wheel drive trucks may only run 2WD (pull a driveshaft). Any STANDARD ONE TON and down is permitted. If truck frame has extra support brackets or is beefed up from the factory you better call before building and we’ll come look at it! Officials decision will determine if it can be ran!! Suburban’s are permitted.
2. Tailgates may be welded shut using 3”x¼” strap. A maximum of 48” of strap may be used. Back bumper or tailgate has to be 16” of the ground.
3. Beds must be welded to the cab of the truck with a 3” strap directly behind the doors.
4. An interior four point cage is required to compete. The cage may not extend outside of the cab into the bed. However, it may attach vertically to the frame in four locations. No metal may be added to the frame to attach the cage. The vertical bars must be welded directly to the frame.
5. Car bumpers may be used. Factory bumper brackets can be used or 3”x3” angle or square tubing 8” long.
6. A single piece of 3”x3”x¼” angle iron may be welded from the left front frame rail to the right front frame rail (in front of a-arms) on all front coil sprung trucks only. Front leaf sprung trucks may use a chain from rail to rail or from the engine cradle to each rail.
7. Trucks must securely fasten gas tanks directly behind the center of the cab in the bed.
8. 48” piece of ¼”x2”x2” angle may be welded on inside of tailgate.
9. fix it plate rule 6”x6”x1/4” follow car rules! If abused plate will be cut off!!!!
10. NO HUMP PLATES
11. C-channel front frame trucks can run kickers off the front bar to the middle to the A arms no bigger than 2”x2” square tube. Boxed framed trucks down bars have to stop at firewall.
80’s & Newer Stock rules
1. Any STOCK American made 1980 or newer hardtop may be used. 2003 and newer Ford Motor Company full size cars, Crown Vic, Interceptor, Grand Marquis allowed MUST HAVE ORIGINAL FACTORY FRONT CRADLE, FRONT SUSPENSION AND STEERING.
2. Engine may be swapped (Chevy to Ford, Ford to Chevy etc.). HAS TO HAVE STOCK RUBBER MOUNTS. No engine cradles or distributor protectors. Weld or wire engine and transmission mounts in.
3. Hoods may be wired in six locations. 2 strands of 9 wire per hole. Sheet metal to sheet metal 2 spots to frame or bumper. Hoods MUST be open for inspection. Front and rear fenders may be trimmed for clearance.
4. Drivers door only may be welded solid. All other doors can be welded shut with 2 3”x6” per door seam OR 6 locations per side 2 strands of 9 wire per hole not both. Sheet metal to sheet metal.
5. Trunks and tailgates may be wired shut in 6 locations or welded 6 places 3”x3” plates. Must have inspection hole if welded. 2 strands of 9 wire per hole and sheet metal to sheet metal 2 spots can go to frame or bumper.
6. NO WEDGING, TUCKING, SMASHING, COLD BENDING, TILTING OR PINNING OF QUARTERS OR BODY. Body must be stock appearing. Quarters maybe cut for wheel clearance
7. NO extra body mounts. MUST have stock rubber mounts, spacing and can add 4″ body spacers at core support. No bigger than 5/8” all thread can run through the hood.
8. 4″X6″ hump plate 1/4″max can be added to the outside of the frame and cannot be formed in any manner. Or can be chained from hump to hump. One or the other.
9. Front Bumper may be swapped for any factory car bumper. Must have stock bumper mounts and may be welded to the mounts only. No extra metal may be added.
10. ALL suspension parts MUST be stock. May weld or wire in the rear coils.
11. May change body mount bolts. To a max ½” bolt with a max 3” washer.
12. 5 lug rear end only.
13. Frames may be notched BUT NOT welded back together.
14. 4- 3/8 bolts can be added to each side of quarter panels.
1. Full engine cradles, distributor protectors, header protectors, carburetor protectors, front/mid-engine plates, etc.… are not permitted. Lower pulley protectors are allowed.
2. Lower engine cradle is permitted for mounting purposes only! May not reinforce or strengthen the car in any way!
3. Engine swaps are permitted. must be mounted to factory K-member/cradle only. Motor must be welded straight down from factory motor mount to frame.
4. Stacks/headers are permitted. Engine may be welded or chained to K-member only not to frame!!
1. Aftermarket shifters and slider shafts ARE permitted!
2. Trans protectors, braces, aftermarket bellhousing, and tail shafts are NOT permitted!!
3. Aftermarket transmission coolers are permitted.
1. MUST BE 100% STOCK! Tilting, cold bending, reshaping, of frame is NOT permitted!!!!
2 . 2003 and newer fords are permitted, must have factory cradle steering and suspension!!!
3. Front suspension may be welded. If welded a maximum 2”x2”x1/4”plate is allowed on front and rear of upper a-arms bottom a-arms may NOT BE WELDED!
4. Must run factory front suspension components. No aftermarket or reinforced ball joints or spindles.
5. You may cut/notch/dimple the rear frame to help roll. Notched areas may NOT BE REWELDED!!!
6. Frames may NOT be shortened, front or rear!!!
7.Rear suspension may NOT be solid. No all-thread shocks. Must bounce!
8 .A chain or two strains of wire may be attached between the humps to prevent rear frame from hitting the tires.
9. Front sway bars may only be attached using factory brackets and mounts.NO WELDING!
10. NO FRAME SWAP (1998 FRAME/ 1998 BODY ECT….)
11. No package tray swaps.
1. Any air filled tires are permitted.
2. Stock wheels only. Full wheel centers, wheel protectors, bead protectors, bead locks are not permitted!
Electrical and Battery
1 .only one battery allowed must be securely fastened and covered before inspection.
1.4 fix it plates maybe added to fresh cars except 03 and newer fords
2. May use 2 fix it plates per side PLATES NO LARGER THAN 4”X4”X1/8” and may only be welded on 3 sides of plate.
3. If size or thickness is abused it WILL be cut completely OFF!!!
4. 03 and newer fords may only have 2 fix it plates and must be visibly bent or will be removed completely.
Any factory 5-lug automotive/passenger car rear-end housing is permitted. Pinion brakes are NOT permitted. Internals, gears and axles may be or upgraded. Rear-end housing maybe NOT be reinforced in any way.
Rear-end braces, after market axles tubes/housings, axle protectors, oversized bearing ends or any other housing reinforcement is NOT permitted.
Stock-like trailing arm brackets and coil spring perches may be welded onto a non-coil spring rear-end for mounting purposes only. May not be used to strengthen rear-end.
98 and newer fords watts rear-end conversion is permitted. Watts conversion brackets are permitted. Trailing arms may be reinforced or 2X2″ square tubing. Lower training are frame mounts may be no larger than 4X4″ welded to the inside (side) of frame. Upper conversion brackets may only attach to package tray of frame and may not be bolted to the body or attached to the frame rails in any way. Brackets must be 3″ away from frame rails.
The outer rear-end brackets must be removed from frame.
1. May have a 4 point cage around drivers compartment for safety. Maximum material dimension is 3” bar, square tube, channel, etc.… One bar may be located behind the driver’s seat, across dash, and two connecting bars along driver and passenger doors.
2. The bar behind the seat can sit no further back than 6” past front door post.
3. A roll over bar is permitted May not be attached to the floor or frame
4. The cage bars may be attached to sheet metal only with a maximum 12”x12”x1/4”plate.Cage may NOT attach to frame. If the cage bars are not weld securely, they must be removed for your safety!
5. A gas tank “holder” is permitted. Holders may attach to floor or cage. If attached to cage, the holder may be up to 24” wide and must be 5” away from ALL sheet metal on all car. This rule will be strictly enforced. If less than 5” gap the holder will be removed.
6.No window bars, #9 wire only from roof to firewall and roof to speaker deck or straight down to the floor.
7.IF you cut firewall out, no metal can be added.
8.Aftermarket pedals are permitted.
MUST RUN ALL FACTORY STEERING, HOWEVER YOU CAN RUN AFTER MARKET COLUMN. YOU CAN ADD ONLY HAVE 2 KNUCKLES DO NOT FOLLOW REGULAR CAR RULES THESE ARE THE STOCK RULES
1.Any year factory bumper, may be used and seam welded, but not loaded.
2. T&T derby parts bumpers may be used. Must have 1 ½”X1 ½ ” inspected whole at each end. May be seam welded, but not loaded.
3. 03 and newer fords may only use 80′s and newer front bumper and can NOT be seam welded.
4. Front bumper can be hard-nosed with no metal added and no shortening of frame.
This class is for the kids AGES 11-16. Bring Birth Certificate in case of a challenge of age. To let them learn to strip cars out and build a car to the rules and sportsmanship win or lose. Upon arrival a notarized parent and/ or legal guardian consent form must be filled out or you will not be allowed to participate. A parent and/ or legal guardian must ride with the driver. This is for instructional purpose as well as a possibly emergency situation.
1. A factory 4 or 6 cylinder front wheel drive only. 108” wheel base max.
2. Both front doors must be painted white.
3. Hoods may be wired in six locations. 2 strands of 9 wire per hole. Sheet metal to sheet metal NO frame or bumper. Hoods MUST be open for inspection. Front and rear fenders may be trimmed for clearance. No bolting or welding inner fender to outer fender or rolling fenders.
4. Drivers and passenger doors can be welded solid. Drivers and Passenger’s front door MUST have a bar or reinforcement on outside of doors, must stop at front doors. All other doors can be welded shut with 2 3”x3” plates OR 6 locations per side 2 strands of 9 wire per hole not both Sheet metal to sheet metal.
5. Trunks and tailgates may be wired shut in 6 locations. 2 strands of 9 wire per hole and sheet metal to sheet metal. Hoods MUST be open for inspection. Trunks can have 45” of weld.
6. May weld or wire in the rear coils.
7. Two locations of wire or rod must be placed from front cowl to the front of the roof to prevent hood entry into the driver’s compartment.
8. Stock batteries must be removed from the original position. A battery must located in the driver’s compartment behind the front seat and securely fastened to the floor. The battery must be covered.
LAWN MOWERS RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The garden or lawnmower must have a factory frame, no homemade frames.
2. Must be a front engine mower, no rear engines allowed.
3. All mowers must have factory stock engines.
4. Transaxles must be factory; reinforcing or spider gears is allowed.
5. Reinforcing the frame is permitted.
6. reinforcing around engine is allowed, but cannot be outside of the hood.
7. Hoods must remain factory. Hoods can be screwed down or welded. If hood is fiberglass, you can make a hood from sheet metal, but it is not allowed to be any bigger than the fiberglass hood was.
8. Brakes must be in operation when pulling in for heat race, must also have forward and reverse gear.
9. Gas tank must be fastened with cap on, if it comes loose or gas leaks you will be disqualified.
10. Some sort of leg guard is mandatory before entering arena, must go from rear fender to front foot rest or frame, and must be of 1-2 inch diameter.
11. The front of the frame under grill may be strengthened for hitting but must be a smooth finish, no front bumpers allowed.
12. A rear bumper is recommended, but not mandatory. It cannot extend 4 inches out from rear of mower. Some sort of back protection is recommended, but not mandatory.
13. Pulleys can be changed to increase speed.
14. Drivetrain modifications are allowed to change gearing but must stay original. (belt drive stays belt drive, chain drive stays chain drive)
15. Wheels must have factory rims with no modifications, tires of choice. No dual wheels or cut tires.
16. Mower decks must be taken off before entering pits, plus all headlights and any other plastics must be removed before entering pit area.
17. NUMBER MUST BE SOMEWHERE ON EACH SIDE OF MOWER. NUMBER MAY BE ON HELMET ALSO.
18. If mower does not pass inspection, or participant refuses to fix something, there will be no refunds.
19. Officials have final say, we reserve the right to check mower after the derby.
20. Driver must wear helmet, pants, long sleeve shirt, and eye protection when entering the track and during the derby.
21. No direct hits to the driver’s area.
22. If you are rolled over, the heat will be stopped and your lawnmower will be placed back on its wheels and you will be eliminated.
23. During the competition you must initiate contact within two (1) minutes. If at any time you cannot make contact within the time limit you will be disqualified
24. All motion to be halted upon signal from referees in case fire, injury, and other emergencies.
25. No hits when opponent is out of bounds.
26. No pit racing.
27. Drivers will inspect each other’s mowers before the driver’s meeting and will bring up any concerns after the meeting with the officials.
This class is for the kids AGES 4-10. Bring Birth Certificate in case of a challenge of age. Upon arrival a notarized parent and/ or legal guardian consent form must be filled out or you will not be allowed to participate. This is a Fun Class to get small kids their first taste, of a Derby, any Power wheels that are too fast or heavy will not be allowed to run. This is for the Kids to have Fun!
1. Power Wheels for Kids 4 years old and up. 3. Stock, Electric, Regular Size, Power Wheels with up to a 12 volt lawn mower battery. Battery cannot be mounted in the passenger seat. 4. Helmets must be worn. 5. All doors, hoods, and tailgates must be strapped shut. 6. Use zip ties or duct tape to fasten shut doors, hood, and trunk. No sharp or protruding edges.
Track official and or inspectors decisions are final.
Ryan Tittle 419-618-8785, Jayvid Opp 567-207-4090, Joey Bowman 419-937-3568.